1. Honey and Turmeric: Mix together 1 teaspoon honey with 1/4 teaspoon turmeric, and rub it on the sore. It will burn a little at first, but the sore area will heal quickly.
2. Aloe Vera Juice: Rinse your mouth several times a day with a little aloe vera juice.
3. Aloe Vera Gel: Apply aloe vera gel, 2 tablespoons at the canker sore. Repeat the application 3 times a day.
4. Aloe Vera Gel and Neem: Use a mix of aloe vera gel and neem powder (Indian herb). Mix 1 teaspoon of aloe vera gel with a pinch of neem powder, and apply directly to the canker sore.
5. Tea Tree Oil: Add 10 drops of tea tree oil to 1/3 cup of water. Mix it well. Swish the liquid in your mouth. The mild solution will act as an antiseptic to help prevent secondary infection, and it will also help to heal the sore.
6. Ayurvedic herb Kama Dudha: Mix 1/4 teaspoon of kama dudha with 1 teaspoon fresh cream. Mix together and rub it on the sore.
Ayurveda suggests that canker sores manifest in people with high pitta. Follow a pitta-soothing diet, avoiding hot, spicy foods and fermented food. Also avoid strong alcoholic drinks, as they may aggravate the sores.
Between meals, drink 1/2 cup cranberry juice. Cranberry juice will help to heal the sore and relieve the burning sensation and irritation.
Eat a mixture of rock candy powder (1/2 teaspoon) and cumin powder (1/2 teaspoon). This will help stop the pain, as well as reduce inflammation and irritation.
Holisticonline.com is developed and maintained
by ICBS, Inc.